Sunday, May 23, 2010

Growing Up

I am so not a fan of this getting old business! Once it starts it sure never stops or even takes a breather. This weekend, I really feel like life is wizing by and we're all getting old! One of my closest friends got married on Saturday, she's the first and most definantly not the last. It was a beautiful wedding, perfect actually. But she all went and got a husband, which means she can't be a kid anymore. My boyfriend just turned 22, that's old too! When I started at SUU I was supposed to graduate when I'm 22, and now he's 22, that's old! And I only have a few months of being an age that starts with the number one left... and it's freaky! I mean granted growing up is a good thing, but seriously does it ever stop? There are days when I want to curl up on the couch early on a Saturday morning with a bowl of sugary cereal and the good 'ol Saturday morning cartoons. But those cartoons don't even exist anymore, that's how old I'm getting. All the freedom is cool and all, I mean I love living on my own, and working full time. But some days I just want to play in the dirt and be a kid again. And before I know it All my friends and I will be married... even my friends on missions! Like seriously I'm going to blink and boom we'll all be living in our "happily ever afters."

I guess it's just an odd realization I've been having as of late. Life changes so quickly, people come and go quickly as well. Change never stops, and usually the things you want least to change are what change the most. But change brings growth, which is good because when something stops growing it dies. I guess it's time to get over my control issues and learn to embrace the change that the tides of life are constantly bringing to my toes on beach of existence.

No comments: